You have options to protect your health and safety while participating in this year’s election. In addition to traditional in-person voting processes, the Nevada Legislature ensured that all active Nevada voters will receive mail ballots for the 2020 election.
Ballots will be mailed to the address that registrants provided on their voter registration form. To receive a ballot by mail, a voter must register or update their voter registration by Tuesday, October 6, 2020 if they are using the paper form or going in-person or by Thursday, October 15, 2020, if they register or update online.
Voting by Mail is Safe and Secure
Voting by mail is a commonsense solution to protect your health during the COVID-19 pandemic. It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3:
- Active voters will receive a ballot in the mail
- Fill it out
- Mail it back or drop it off by November 3, 2020. Mail ballots must be received by November 10, so voters are encouraged to mail it in early.
You have multiple options to submit a mail ballot:
- Drop it off at your mailbox or the post office;
- Drop it off at a ballot drop off box;
- Ask someone to deliver your ballot on your behalf to a mailbox or ballot drop off box;
- Or surrender your ballot at a polling station or vote center and proceed to vote in-person at that site.